Saturday, September 27, 2008

Esther House


Meet my friend, Kelly Guffey. My hairdresser, wife of my co-worker and most importantly, president of Esther House, Inc. She's an inspiration to me. She founded Esther House in 2006, a dream of hers since she was a teenager. It's a home for battered women and their children. Not a shelter. It's a home after the shelter. At Esther House, women will commit to a 6-18 month program...and the opportunity to receive a well-grounded, well-balanced life. They will get assistance in furthering their education, learning basic skills like balancing a budget, writing a resume, just gaining their independence and feeling safe. The home is scheduled to open in 2009 and it's amazing to me how everything has fell in place for this "dream." Kelly put it in God's hands first and He has made everything possible. She has had such faith through so many decisions and trials to make this home a reality. I'm so proud of her and what she has accomplished. If you ever feel the need to donate to worthy cause, please keep Esther House in mind. It's a non-profit organization so donations are always needed and appreciated. Visit the Esther House website at http://www.estherhouseky.org/

Did you know? One in three women experience some form of domestic violence. Domestic abuse is the number one cause of Emergency Room visits by women. Every 9 seconds in the United States a woman is assaulted by her partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi...welcome to my Corner! Not sure what will be here, but wanted to create my own space...seems to be the going thing and I enjoy reading everyone else's, so maybe someone out there will enjoy mine! Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay!