Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Steel Magnolias












February 21, 2009...The Fearsome Threesome is at it again. This time we traveled to Glasgow, Kentucky in the snow to watch a stage production of "Steel Magnolias" at the Plaza Theater (http://www.plaza.org/), first time visit for us all. Remember that 1989 movie that starred Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton, Sally Fields, etc, etc? Yep, it was funny like the movie...and sad of course when Shelby dies. The whole production takes place in Truvy's Beauty Salon. The woman portraying Truvy (movie-Dolly Parton) did a great job. She sounded just like Dolly! They all did an impressive job and we had a great time. Afterwards we ate at Colton's Steak House & Grill, first time for all of us there too. Check out the photo of Brookie and the "Tanglers" she ordered. You should've seen her eyes when her order came; she had no idea there would be so many Tanglers! Chris and I helped her out of course like only good friends would do! Our girls night out was great fun despite the cold and I'm looking forward to our next adventure!

"I find it amusing. Men are supposed to be made out of steel or something. I just sat there. I just held Shelby's hand. There was no noise, no tremble, just peace. Oh god. I realize as a woman how lucky I am. I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out. It was the most precious moment of my life." M'Lynn in Steel Magnolias

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Hi...welcome to my Corner! Not sure what will be here, but wanted to create my own space...seems to be the going thing and I enjoy reading everyone else's, so maybe someone out there will enjoy mine! Anyways, welcome and enjoy your stay!