Today is Tyler's 17th birthday...he's my oldest. Yep, he's the one who taught me who how to be a mom. He taught me how to wipe a sticky face with no napkins, how to calm a colicky baby, how to stick my hand in the toilet and retrieve lost items, how to worry all night when the fever wouldn't break, how to hold a child when stitches were stitched, how to make sure the Tooth Fairy arrived in a timely fashion, how to sing all the Barney songs and most importantly how to love unconditionally. Through it all, I think he did a pretty good job raising this mom, and I think he's turning into a fine young man. I'm very proud to be his mom. I love you TyBug!
Here are some random things about Tyler you may or may not know.
1. His full name is Tyler Darren, named after his dad, Jackie Darren.
2. Tyler is also known as TyBug and Big T.
3. He likes Dodge trucks.
4. He has given his life to Christ and was baptized a couple of years ago.
5. Tyler at one time wanted to be a chef.
6. He's always liked school buses. Yep, he can tell you the make and model of any bus you meet.
7. He loves to sing! He sings with our church group and does a great job.
8. He loves to play the card game, Pig.